Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Steal: Fendi Purse $120


I found love in Bloomingdale's a few months ago.

I'm normally not a fan of Fendi (a little dreary for my taste)--but I loved the punchy modern color and delicate gold chain strap of this pink ombré jacquard zip case. Plus it had a price tag of $120. It was a steal, and I knew it. But could I justify it? I didn't need it, and it certainly didn't need me. I knew once I hung it back on its display case it would be gone.

But no one said love ever had to make sense. Plus this one had a return receipt.

So I bought it, and it sat in my closet for awhile. It begged to be introduced at parties, but I wasn't sure if it was going to work out.

And then finally, I took the plunge. I cut off the price tag (gasp), and the Fendi tag (gasp), and all my return rights disappeared. I took it to a wedding, asked my husband to hold it for me while I carried out my bridesmaid duties, and the first thing the groom said was, "Wow, nice bag!"

Evidently my husband always gets the credit in this household.

I took it out the second time this past week to go shopping, and the first thing the salesgirl said to me was, "OMG! I love that bag! I love the size and the color! It's so perfect!"

After a lengthy pause, she asked my bag if it needed help finding anything.

-JK

Want it? Bluefly still carries it for $236.

No comments:

Post a Comment