Search This Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2009

NY Fashion Week: Carolina Herrera

She does it again. I don't know how Carolina Herrera does it, but time after time she manages to create ladylike pieces that exude elegance and glamour, not stiffnecked office yawns. She knows how to reveal enough skin to maintain interest without raising eyebrows, and her pieces can be worn by ladies of all ages.

Was never a fan of the pantsuit craze, but this one excites me. The sweetheart neckline coupled with the cropped hem hints girliness, while the auburn color and lush fabric defends the notion of maturity. The metallic wraparound belt completes the look.



Love love love the design of this dress. You've got the asymmetry on top while keeping both shoulders covered, and I'm a big fan of mixing fabric textures that stay in the same color scheme. I think the dress would have looked a little sexier with silk instead of chiffon, but then again who am I to question CH's talent?

-JK

1 comment: